Chicken Malai Tikka is Mughlai/Indian recipe, originally prepared in tandoor. The creamy flavor of Malai and Smoke flavor from tandoor makes it unique and delicious tikka recipe. Since, most of us do not have tandoor at home. So, I am using an alternate method to give it a nice smokey flavor. This Chicken Malai Tikka Recipe or simply Malai Tikka would melt down into your mouth and would taste very delicious to tongue. Try it at your home.This is an authentic recipe of malai chicken tikka which tastes heavenly delicious. This malai chicken tikka tastes creamy rich with an additional flavour of tandoor/bbq.
Chicken Malai Tikka
- 250 grms Boneless Chicken cuts in cubes
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 2 tbsp Thick/Hung Curd
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cream/Malai
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp White Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Salt To Taste
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil/Ghee
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3-4 nos Wooden Skewers
- 1 nos Charcoal optional
- Add washed boneless chicken cubes in a mixing bowl.
- Add ginger garlic paste, curd, fresh cream, lemon juice.
- Add Black pepper powder, white pepper powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder flour, kasuri methi and salt to taste.
- Mix all ingredients well and keep in refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate Malai Chicken Tikka.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 mins.
- Skewer marinated chicken pieces in a wooden skewer.
- Add 4 pieces of marinated chicken per skewer.
- Heat 3 tbsp cooking oil/ghee & 1 tsp butter in a pan.
- Now place chicken skewers side by side.
- Fry 12-15 mins on each side on medium flame.
- Keep turning chicken skewer to fry evenly.
- Switch off the flame once the Malai Chicken Tikka gets nice golden colour.
BBQ Flavour/Smokey Flavour/Tandoor Flavour (Optional Step)
- Switch off the flame and place small bowl in a pan.
- Add burning charcola into a bowl.
- Pour 1tsp cooking oil /ghee on the a burning coal.
- Immidietely cover the pan with a lid.
- Cover the pan for 15 mins to infuse the smoke.
- Our Malai Chicken Tikka is ready.
- Serve hot with your favouraite dip/chutney.