Potato Cheese Balls is a Delicious , mouth-melting Indian Snack Dish, loved by kids and adults as well.These Crispy potato Cheese Balls are easy to make and can be a great party snacks..
Ingredients to prepare cheese balls and stuffing
- 2 large size boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 medium size finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Oil as needed
- 80 to 100grms cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
For Coating Cheese Balls
- 2tbsp corn flour/plain flour (maida)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Water as per needed
- Take a large bowl ,Add boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Add chopped onion,coriander and other spices & mix well.
- Now add 2 teaspoon of bread crumbs,it gives a good binding.
- Divide the potato mixture in small balls or portions. You can make about 10-12 balls from this quantity of mixture.
- Take some oil in your palms, get one ball and smoothly round it, make a small hole in center and stuff a cube of cheese in it.
- Now close the ball carefully from all the sides and keep aside.
- Now heat a good amount of oil in a deep frying pan.
- When the oil is heated properly, Add 4-5 balls in hot oil and keep the flame from high to medium.Keep frying and flipping for 2-4 minutes, till the balls turns out golden brown in color.
- Once you get a good color of cheese balls,remove to oil absorbent paper.
- Serve hot immediately with your choice of Dip ,Sauce or Chutney..